Monday, December 28, 2009

Chatting with the Jabberwacky

In my quest to learn a bit more about artificial intelligence over break, I've discovered something really fun to play with. If you go to Jabberwacky, then you'll be able to chat with a rather "intelligent" bot. Give it a try, it's a lot of fun! Here's my favorite part of our first conversation:

Me: I'm studying computer science and cognitive science.

Computer: How funny, a half grapefruit studying computer science.

M: Am I a half grapefruit?

C: Half grapefruit?

M: You're the one who brought it up.

C: No you brought it up.

(after a bit of arguing)

M: Computers are dumb. They're only as smart as the person who programs them.

C: How stupid are the people that programmed you?

So, it's probably my best friend after that remark. Hey, I thought it was clever and cute :) And we did make up after our argument.

No comments: