Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Phishers need spell check too.

First of all, I'd love to start blogging again. Maybe I will once the summer's here. I've only got a few exams left and I'm out of here for a bit :)
I was procrastinating a bit on my phonology paper, and I decided to work on deleting some old e-mails. I found a bunch of phishing e-mails in my spam folder, and I decided to ridicule the blatantly stupid messages for all to see. Because that's what phishers deserve.

Here's the first one (with my comments in parentheses):

Your account have been compromised (The first thing that came to mind when I read this? "All your base are belong to us." Nice...). To validate your account click HERE<(URL removed, but I promise you...it was a fail. No knowledge of HTML, obviously.)>

Note that your email is not public (Okay?), so it is possible that a bad person was trying to login your mail box ("Bad person." Yeah, that made me laugh. And if my e-mail isn't public, how did they find it?). This would be a privacy violation if we let them do this (Sure, okay, makes sense...), but we didn't (Uh, thanks? Hahahahaha.).

To validate your account click HER<(Double linkage fail.)>E and login (But it would be a privacy violation if you steal my info and try to "login [my] mail box." Ugh, you bad person...)

Regards,
Olasupo Kolawole (Seriously?)
Ass Director of IT Security and ISO (Ass Director. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, yes.)

And the second:
Immediate Attention To Staff/Student (Blah...) Please be advised that there will be scheduled maintenance on the Internet and Intranet Web servers as well as the EMail Servers on Saturday, January 16, 2010 (OMG MY BIRTHDAY. Maybe for as a surprise the university e-mail will work better now?) beginning at 9:00 p.m. until approximately 12:00 midnight. All web and mail services will be interrupted during this time period, For you not to have problem signing into your account (But if all services are interrupted, this won't help, right? Or do you mean after? ;) ), you are adviced to send us your email account details (Yeah, because I definitely won't have trouble signing on once you've got my info).
After upgrading a password reset link will be sent to your email for new password (I'll be getting a new password alright, but I won't be the one setting it.).Reset your password immediately you receive your password reset link (Awww, don't butcher your language. It has feelings too.).

Details Needed For Maintenance:

User Name (Okay...)
Password (No thanks.)
Do you use outlook express: Y/N (Haha, obviously... That's the awful e-mail client they've got us on for university mail.)
Have you ever given your password to any body: Y/N (No. I'm not an idiot.)

Failure to do this will leads (FAIL.) to immediate suspenction (Love that.) of your email account and later deactivated (I thought I was just gonna have problems signing into my account...?).

This is a scheduled maintenance period that will be occuring each
month, due to the amount of junk email our staff/student are
receiving (Like your phishing mail?). If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk
by clicking your reply button. (Yeah, why don't you guys EVER sound legit?)




In case you didn't get the message from this post (and previous phishing-ridicule posts), these guys are bad. They're just trying to take your account. I love to ridicule them on here, but really you should just delete the e-mails and move on.

No comments: