Thursday, December 11, 2008

Puddle-Luscious

Exam week hasn't been terrible. I've been studying a lot, making sure I eat good stuff (and cookies) and sleep plenty, and I've finished all but one of my exams. My Chemistry exam was absolutely BRUTAL. It was some kind of national exam from the American Chemical Society. I studied almost all day for it on both Monday and Tuesday, and I studied several hours on Wednesday and today. I don't know how I did. I guess I'll find out eventually.
When I got out of my Chemistry exam, it was 9:30 PM. That wasn't terrible, considering I was used to getting out of lab at 10 PM on Thursdays. It was POURING rain, though. I live all the way across campus from the science building--I can get from there and back in 15 minutes, running (If you can call "run, walk, run, hurt hip, limp, stop, walk" running...), and I can go one way in a little over ten minutes at a moderate pace--and I only had my Chemistry textbook and a light jacket with no hood. I actually enjoy rain, so it wasn't so bad. After walking for a minute or so, my feet were absolutely soaked. I only have a single pair of canvas-type shoes with me at school, and they take on water really quickly. 
Since I was already soaked, I decided to jump in every puddle, splash water everywhere, giggle like an idiot, and probably make some people worry for my sanity. I had a great time. Water was dripping down my nose, my hair was soaked, it was dark, and I was just a happy, happy person. When I'd almost reached my dorm, however, my knees and ankles started hurting really bad. I guess they got too cold for their liking... 
I walked into the room sputtering, wiping my eyes, and dripping water from every inch of my body, but I had a huge, goofy grin on my face that told my roommates that I'd been out having fun. 
Was the rain a pathetic fallacy in my life story? Should I assume that I failed that awful exam? I don't believe in that stuff, but even if I did... The rain made me too happy. The rain always makes me happy. 
It was actually raining, foggy, and a tad chilly the day I fell in love with this place. Every time the weather is like that, I'm reminded of the first day I set foot here, and I feel so happy.
I know I say this a lot, but I am desperate for some decent food. I'm going to see what I have on my shelf. I have just enough cereal and soymilk for tomorrow morning, a serving or two of chocolate soymilk (which I will probably drink as soon as I finish typing this), some pecans (which I don't feel like cracking because I want to play on the computer, and because they're messy and I'm lazy), some granola bars (I already had one today, so I won't eat another), the last of the chocolate chip cookies that I baked on Sunday (there's one more, so I'll eat that tomorrow before I go home), and...nothing. Soymilk time! 
I probably should change my pants. They're absolutely soaked from the knee down; even though I have them rolled up, I'm still cold just sitting here in my room.

No comments: