Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Calculus owns me.

The orientation for my online Calculus class is this afternoon, and I'm a little nervous. Sure, I looked at the syllabus. That made me feel a little better because the first unit is stuff that I already know and stuff that I will easily remember once I look it over. But I'm still nervous.
I need to buy the book and the required software tonight. Hopefully the software will be compatible with my computer. I always, always, always worry about that. I might have to switch computers with my family for a bit.
I've also got to find the "developer's disk" that came with my computer. Supposedly there's a disk with a compiler specifically for my computer on it. I'd like to go into 220 with as much knowledge of C++ and/or Java as I had of Javascript when I went into 110. Frankly, my knowledge wasn't great, but it did make life a whole lot easier. I guess, however, that once you understand the concept of programming in one language, it shouldn't be too much harder to learn a second, third, fourth, fifth, and so on.
In more amusing news, I went to the chiropractor yesterday. We were talking about math and computer science, engineering and anatomy as the cracks from my vertebrae made me cringe. He asked me what languages they teach at school. I told him that they teach all sorts, but then told him that I only know Javascript so far. He went off on a tangent about HTML and Fortran. It made me smile :) I dunno, I just thought it was humorous to see him standing over me, simultaneously snapping my neck and lecturing me on how HTML is not an actual language. I think lots of things are funny.
In not-so-amusing-yet-absolutely-amazing news, I OWNED CHEMISTRY THIS SEMESTER.
I had something else to write about, but I forgot it.

No comments: