Monday, May 18, 2009

More computer and college stuffs

I never found that disk (Does it even exist? I read about it somewhere, and I swear I haven't lost it.), so I'm trying to find a Java compiler. Evidently, I can't ssh into the school's server to work on my Javascript project that I was so hoping to tinker with over the summer :( So it goes. The page is still available, so I'll probably just "steal" my work from the source and maybe find some way to play with it. I still have my old Freewebs site that I don't touch anymore, so maybe I'll find a way to devote a page to my Latin Composition Tutor.
That meant nothing to anyone but me, I'm sure. Hahahaha.
I've been working on my calculus class. It's not that bad yet. I hope it never gets to a point where I think it's "bad." I think I'm the only traditional college student in the class. Most of the people who've posted their introductions on the message board are adult learners, which isn't a bad thing by any means. The teacher seems really nice just judging from our short meeting at the community college. I walked into the room and sat down, and she asked me to come to the front to get a syllabus. I looked at both of them and realized that both of them were for a basic arithmetic class, not calculus. She must've seen the confusion on my face because she walked over to assist me. I asked her about the calculus class and she told me that I didn't have to attend the meeting. I sat through it anyway because she was going over something we'd be using in class, and I realized that I had to use something similar for my chemistry classes. For the most part, my whole distance learning orientation wasn't very useful. I bought my books, and that was about it. I wouldn't be taking an online learning class if I didn't know how to use a computer, and I most certainly wouldn't be taking calculus if I weren't in a major that involved learning even more about computers. I was, fortunately, spared the annoyance of not being in the library computers already. I took many, many dual-enrollment courses in high school, all through this community college. I just had to have my picture taken (I looked silly, and I just happened to be wearing a shirt that was almost identical in color to the background so I looked like a floating head and neck. Hehehe.) and get an actual card. They messed up my last name once, so I had to do the whole thing again. So it goes.
My life is even more boring now that I'm home from school. Bleh.

No comments: