Wednesday, June 10, 2009

INFINITE LOOP...FAIL.

I found some inspiration, and now I'm writing a Javascript program for a number guessing game. I would be able to finish it before I go to bed, but I'm not all that willing to stay up past midnight when I have to get up early tomorrow morning to study calculus. I'm having fun though :) The whole Java thing is not working out that well for me right now, mostly because I can't find a decent online tutorial to help me out. I'm thinking about changing focus and working on C++ for a bit. I know there are lots of tutorials floating around for that. The Java tutorials just seem...scattered.
Eh, so my program did incorporate an infinite loop because, in the two seconds it took me to refresh the page, I realized that I had inadvertently forgotten to add the all-important "i++;", which condemned the poor prompt to repeat itself over and over and over and over and over and over again until I could convince Internet Explorer (My mom is allergic to foxes.) to close.
My calculus test went well on Tuesday. It was fairly easy. I think I got an A on it. I got a B on my first test, but that's because it's the first test. They're always "harder" because no one ever knows how they're going to be. The test was all about limits and derivatives, and some marginal profit thing that I didn't pay much attention to. While calculating interest rates might come in handy someday, I seriously doubt I'm going to be using most of this business stuff at any point in my life. I'm focusing on the things I think I'm going to need for Calculus II, and ultimately the computer science classes that have it as a prerequisite.
Ooooh! I think I finished my game! :)
(Seriously, my life is boring. But maybe the game will make my life more exciting...)

No comments: