Friday, June 12, 2009

Yay, my first game!

I know it's lame beyond belief, but I did finish my game right after I finished that last blog post. It has been a constant source of entertainment for me: playing, coercing family members into playing ("Isn't this AWESOME!?" "Oh, yes...uh, that's...nice..."), tweaking, hoping that I might be able to think of new games to make.
I'm already considering an attempt at a "24" kind of game, where the object is to roll four dice and get as close to 24 total points as possible. I guess I could make it so the user could play against the computer, and I think I've got a way for the computer to "decide" that it "wants" to try a roll again. I need more ideas for fun games. I'd like to have a whole collection of games eventually. Maybe one day I'll actually make cool games for me to play, instead of a bunch of lame Javascript games. I want to make my own version of Minesweeper and Snake. Mm, yes... And a horsey jumping game. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably end up as a game programmer. I don't think I want to do that, but I'm bored and I can't think of anything better to code than a bunch of silly games. At least they're useful right now. I can still access some of the stuff I did in 110, but none of them are currently that useful or entertaining.
Oh, yeah, and I got new shoelaces. Pretty black ones with red on the sides. They look pretty sweet on my old riding boots. And...it's sad when I start writing about my shoelaces.
When I go back to college, I won't be as boring. I promise.

No comments: