Friday, August 14, 2009

It's almost time.

I go back to school on August 23rd. I'm very, very excited about it, too :)
I've got a lot of my things packed, but I've still got a lot left to do. I'm going to be in temporary apartment housing until further notice. I don't even know if we'll be provided with a desk and chair, a refrigerator, seating in the living area, or anything else. I know they're providing us with beds that are similar to the ones at school, so I don't have to buy any new sheets. I'm just worried that I'll have to set up my computer on some of my packing boxes and sit in the floor to use it until I can get a desk and chair. I also really want a refrigerator--chocolate soymilk and Mountain Dew are best served cold.
I bought my two computer science books the day before yesterday. I'm so excited to get them. I got them off of eBay because they were both about $100--used--online at the school bookstore. CPSC 220 is, in fact, a Java class (hahaha). I already have a good Java compiler on my computer, so I won't have to search around and find one that works well with OS X. I have had a ridiculously hard time getting XCode to work, but I hope that I can. I'm going to keep trying because I hear that it's brilliant. The other book is a discrete mathematics and computer science text. I could only find one on eBay, but it was a whole lot less expensive than the one in the school's bookstore and it said that it was in good condition. The Java book was in brand new condition and saved me about $70 off of the used book price. I'm happy and I hope I get them soon. I still need to buy my Latin books. I didn't buy the books for my Classics class yet because I don't want to remain in the class. I want to switch out for a linguistics course and Calculus II.
I need to make sure that the community college sent my updated transcript to school for me. And I'm hoping that the school will take it. I'm hoping with everything I have.

No comments: