Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mm, slushies.

So, 7-11 was giving out free slushies today. I was really excited and all. I think they're great, especially that weird Mutant Berry stuff. I stopped in one of the stores and made a beeline for the slushie station, where I grabbed a cup and examined my options. There was a Coke slushie--yummy, but rather boring. There was a cherry slushie, but artificial cherry flavoring is disgusting. There were two orange slushies, but they were both diet. Diet slushies (and drinks in general) are completely undrinkable under normal circumstances. There was a watermelon slushie, which instantly attracted me.
I waited in the long line with my paper cup and purple straw in hand while people made their decisions and filled their cups with frosty goodness. I noticed that a few people were having trouble getting the watermelon slushie dispenser to work, and I was very worried that I'd have to settle for a Coke slushie.
I decided that I wasn't going to settle for a Coke slushie, however. I placed my cup down under the dispenser and turned the knob. Nothing came out. I was irked, but I held up the line and kept on trying. I really wanted the watermelon slushie. I pushed and pulled and forced and slammed on the little lever-knob to make the slushie come out, and, man, did it come out! Suddenly, the dam (probably a chunk of ice) broke and a cold, pink flood exploded out on everything in the vicinity.
The floor was splattered with little piles of slushie. My small slushie cup was overflowing, and the overflow catcher thing was, well, overflowing. There were streaks of reddish-pink running down my arms because I was holding the cup when the thing let loose. I even had some on my face and shirt. The two people who happened to be behind me just stared--didn't even crack a smile!--but I couldn't do anything but laugh hysterically as I carried my dripping mess over to the nearest napkin container and tried to clean up the mess. I did, in fact, clean myself, the cup, and the floor thoroughly before leaving the store.
The slushie was very good and totally worth being all sticky and cleaning up such a big mess. I didn't even get a brain freeze! I wonder if they'll dare to offer free slushies again next year. I wonder if they'll let me have one. Because I am SO ready if they are :)

No comments: