Thursday, July 9, 2009

Visiting Robert

I talked to Robert last night. He suggested that we do a Free Hugs kind of thing at the next farmer's market, which is August 1st. The idea immediately took my interest; I do love stuff like that :) Hopefully his idea will be very successful!
I also went to go visit Robert tonight. We were going to go canoeing, but the marina was closed by the time I was able to come to his house after I'd finished all of my work at the barn. We played Guitar Hero instead, which was a lot of fun. I'd only played guitar and bass, never vocals.
I usually don't sing in front of other people. I sang for Mac right before he died. Sometimes I sing for Stella. I sing in the car sometimes. I do quite well singing with Morrissey, even though I can't always hit the high notes with him. I attempt to sing with Mr. Reznor, but I'm not very good at it. Usually, I'll get halfway through a NIN song and burst into laughter because I know I must sound ridiculous. Most people probably think that I'm completely incapable of yelling, yet I'm driving down the road screaming the lyrics of "Gave Up" at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I sing with the radio, but most of the time my car won't pick up any good stations and I have to stick with CDs.
For a while, Robert and I switched between guitar and bass. The bass was a lot easier for me to play (I still need to play on the easy level, but Robert plays on the expert level.), so I mostly did that. Then, Robert got me to sing while he continued with the guitar. I was completely unfamiliar with all of the songs I had to sing, which made the task very difficult. Being unable to see the tiny print also increased the level of difficulty... I really needed my glasses. I couldn't get the hang of it and it was very embarrassing, but it was still pretty fun. Robert also had his turn at the microphone. Despite his assertion that he sucks at doing the vocals, I thought his singing voice was quite nice.
It was really late by the time we decided that we'd had enough. I met Robert's cat, Karuna, and she is gorgeous. Then I went out onto the porch and almost fell flat on my face because I couldn't judge distances in the dark. Hehehe.
I have other stuff to write about, but I'm really tired and I think I should go to bed.

No comments: