Tuesday, April 14, 2009

All GALL (A collective poem)

We did writing exercises in GALL tonight. It was really fun, and the products of our labors were wonderful. My favorite exercise was the collective poetry, where each person wrote two lines, AB, and someone else wrote two more. It ended up as an ABAB rhyme scheme. The catch was that we could only see two lines of what was already written. We got some really wacky (and very GALL-like) poems, so I'll share the one that I started and ended.

ALL GALL
A poem by...all of GALL.

Squirrels play in the tree
And then one falls out.
When falling he felt free,
Twirling and spinning about.
When midair he met a bee,
That stinky, slimy lout.
And they copulated free
From self-consciousness and doubt.
Though no one suspected there'd be a fee
Which changed their expressions to a pout.
All the white men met at first tee,
Except the oldest, plagued with gout.
The youngest was infested with fleas.
They were so sad, they had to pout.
They weren't allowed to have their peas.
They went without.

That wasn't the best one, but I still like it. I just love the idea of everyone almost-blindly writing something together to make something. Squee :D
I might write some more here later on, but I'm really busy and I have to get some work done. My Human Animal project is the most pressing thing right now, though I'd much prefer working on my computer science project. Meh, actually I need to do some Chemistry. AGGGH. CHEM QUIZ. NOOOOOO! TOMORROW.
G'night.

No comments: