Sunday, April 12, 2009

Meh.

I'm a little bummed about the Day of Silence on Friday. PRISM (the campus gay-straight alliance) recruited GALL to help with the Day of Silence this Friday. The e-mail just came out with the times to do our performances, and I'm in class during all of them. I was really looking forward to helping out with the demonstration, but I can't skip class. Nevertheless, I'll show my support with a black Sharpie and complete silence.
Today was quite a lovely Easter. I went out and blew bubbles with the kids, and then my uncle let us see his rabbits. One of them ate some bread out of my hand, and she was really cute. The kids hunted for plastic eggs in the yard. I stealthily went around snatching up Sixlets, which are amazing. I ate a whole lot of chocolate this morning and at various other times throughout the day. Mm.
I got to talk to Aaron, who's going to be heading off to a special language school very soon. We're the logophiles of the family, often spotted speaking in Latin at various family gatherings. We usually make off-the-wall, silly comments or ask random questions over dinner, and sometimes we make references to the textbook that everyone knows and loves, "Ecce Romani." He's much more fluent than I am, and I'm the Latin major :) He's also amazing with Arabic, and he's going to the school to learn yet another language.
Everyone kept asking me what I'm majoring in now. Most of them knew that I went into college hoping to become a Latin teacher, so most of them were pleasantly surprised when I announced that I'm pursuing something a little less "frivolous." I personally think my parents are a little happier, though I doubt either of them would admit it to me. I was chatting with my grandma and uncle earlier in the day, with my dad sitting nearby. My uncle is still set on the idea of me becoming a teacher, even though I think he's given up on the idea that I'll ever teach Latin. He dropped a hint that I should teach computer science at a community college. I don't think he's going to let go very easily.
I had another one of those amazing slushies again. It was yummy.
Things are starting to get a little stressful now that the end of the semester is coming. I've got a project due in my Human Animal class on Friday, and that's worrying me to death. I've also got a project due in computer science on the last day of classes. That's not worrying me too much, except for the fact that my friends are playing hard to get, even though I've promised them that helping me doesn't even require them to know how to turn the computer on.
I might work a little on the Human Animal project. Then it'll stop freaking me out so much.

No comments: