Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Screwing around with my computer :)

I've been having a lot of fun with my computer today. I changed my desktop background back to a picture of me riding Stella. I also changed it so that the dock (I'm a Mac user) hides unless I mouse over at the bottom of the screen, which gives me a lot more work space. Then, I was daring and changed my keyboard to Dvorak. I'm picking it up quickly, but I'm not using it right now for the sake of time. I still mess up a whole lot (I can't help but switch back to Qwerty out of habit) and sometimes I have to sit and stare at the keyboard to remember which key is which. I thought about taping pieces of paper with the new letters onto each key until I learn, but I don't think I will. I'm still slow and inaccurate, but I'm getting it.
There was a computer science study session tonight. It was fun just like class usually is, and we talked about the stuff that will be on the exam. I'm sad because 110 is going to be done with, but I'm excited for 220 and 125--CompSci I and Discrete Math. I looked at some study material online for Discrete Math, and I already know a whole lot of it. I don't think it's gonna hurt too much. I might even be able to take Calculus II next semester, which is what I'd like to do. I'm also excited about my Classics class and my Latin literature class.
Latin lit has Catullus on the syllabus!!! Catullus is my favorite, just because he's vulgar and witty and funny and sweet all at the same time.
I'll see about taking Calculus II next semester. I guess it'll all depend on how well Calculus I goes. I'll do anything to pass both of those classes, though. I'm taking one over the summer. Seriously, does that not scream, "I really want to be a Computer Science major!" ? :D

Sometimes I think I should post cool links and stuff here, just because my life is boring and no one cares about me and I do find a lot of cool (maybe?) things. So...
Here's an amazing video of a dressage test ridden by Isabell Werth. The music is all by Nine Inch Nails, one of my favorite bands in the whole world. Dressage and NIN--can it get much better?



Enjoy. I've got a date with Aeneas. Sorry Dido, you should go jump in a fire or something.

EDIT: I just posted that video to my other blog and... I attempted to save the entry by pressing escape, then typing ":wq" I don't know what to say to that.
Sigh. Nerdiness FTW.

No comments: