Monday, January 19, 2009

Day off.

I came back to school on Sunday because I thought I might try to get some studying done. I did, in fact, read a little bit for my Latin class and get started copying the lines for my interlinear translation. That was about it, though. 
Last night, I went to bed around 11:30 (I know I'm lame.) and was dreaming something really nice. At 2:30-ish, there was a loud banging on the door. I had the room to myself last night because my roommates weren't around (I have no idea where they were.), so I had to get up and answer it. It took me a bit to realize that it was someone banging the crap out of our door, and then it took me a while to get down from the ladder. It was one of our suitemates who had locked herself out of her room and needed to come in through the bathroom. I was really confused, but that just made it even funnier when I woke up this morning and remembered it. 
I walked down to have breakfast this morning, and it was very good. I always love fruit in the morning. Then, I decided to cross the little bridge coming from the dining hall out toward the plaza where the big fountain is located. There's a steep path leading from the end of the bridge down to a little stream, then up the bank to a little bench. I decided to walk down there and sit on the bench for a while. I thought I was going to fall down the path at first, because it was very steep and full of holes. Everything was okay, though, and I spent a lot of time just sitting there listening to the water and birds. I also went out to do some photography, but I didn't really find anything or anyone I wanted to photograph. I worked on some dream analysis and wrote down the previous night's dream. I did some brainstorming for GALL because tomorrow night is going to be a brainstorming session and human canvas thing. I wasted a whole lot of time reading about Improv Everywhere's most recent "mission." 
If you haven't heard of Improv Everywhere, you should Google them. They're an improv group that causes scenes and does social experiments in New York. I think they're hilarious. GALL is basically a small-scale Improv Everywhere. I would love to travel to NY just to participate in one of their events. Maybe one day...
I'm so glad that classes were cancelled for today. I really should do some stuff now, though. I need to start translating before class tomorrow. Tomorrow I only have one class in the middle of the day, so it's almost as good as the whole day off. 

No comments: