Thursday, January 15, 2009

Everything But Chemistry.

I am, almost literally, doing everything except my Chemistry work. I'm eating carrots and typing this blog post. That should be enough for you right there. I was also on the phone with my mom for a while. I'm organizing my desk and trying to think of something to do with a nearly full can of spray paint. I went to the poetry slam and was one of the judges. 
Yeah, that was an experience. 
The whole thing was running late because there were no judges around, so a guy went searching around the entire room looking for a handful of non-poets to do the honors. I think they were really desperate, because I heard Mike say "Get Sam, she's in GALL." and I was thinking "Get me for what?!" 
I didn't think I'd make a good judge, and I told the guy that. Finally, he and Mike (not the Mike whose work I am currently avoiding, by the way) convinced me to do it. It was fun. All I had to do was listen, which I intended to do either way. I just had to add on a little writing and card holding. 
I'd really wanted to attend one of the slams before, but my chemistry labs last semester ended shortly before each one and...well, you're not in the mood for poetry when you get out of a lab at 10PM and feel hungry and unhappy. Now I guess I can go to them more often :)
Seriously, though, I need to study.
Oh, and two other people randomly popped in the room and asked me for CompSci help. I still don't know how they found me. I'm glad to help, though, even though I don't know what I'm doing either. I just happen to have gotten it to work well enough to complete the assignment and turn it in. I needed Stephen's help in office hours today, though. Office hours with Stephen are actually kinda fun, though (at least the most fun office hours I've ever been to, mostly because he's funny), and he was really helpful.
Study time. 

No comments: