Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whew.

I really need a Vicodin right now, but that's okay. I can explain.
I just got back from the first GALL meeting of the semester. There weren't very many people at all, which was sad. Mike was there, and we painted him. Mrs. McCranie would be so proud--I'm experimenting with lots of new media! Spray paint and wood, tempera and human skin (Or was it acrylic? Either way, it's staying on my poor jacket.)... What's next? We planned a few things, though I didn't share my idea just yet. 
I was riding in the elevator from my Latin class today, and I thought it would be interesting just to tape colorful paper circles to the walls and ceilings. With two people in the elevator, it could probably be done in a single ride. Bathrooms would also be an option, yet they're larger and have higher walls. It would take a bit longer, and it might be awkward  I think the entire Computer Science department covered in red dots--a computer virus--would be fun. That would be really hard to do, though, because the basement where the Computer Science department is located is actually pretty big. 
Being on the floor painting, though, was not good for my hip. Oh well. It was fun. 
This is going to sound really random, but I'm getting good at mixing up a bunch of weird foods and having them come out to taste pretty decent. In the dining hall today, one of the servers asked me if I wanted some pork. I politely declined, and he wanted to make sure. I declined once again, and he asked me if I'm a vegetarian. I nodded, so he offered me some mashed potatoes. I decided to take some mashed potatoes from him, even though I really didn't want them. Then I mixed in some salad dressing, some peas, some carrots, some green beans, and some garbanzo beans. It sounds repulsive, but it wasn't bad at all. I also had a slice of toast slathered with apple butter. I just realized why they weren't serving peanut butter this week. I mean, I've known about the recalls, but I've been eating my peanut butter cereal and my jar of peanut butter. I forgot about the salmonella and chunked down a whole load of the cereal, but I didn't get sick. I've eaten more of my jar peanut butter than I'd like to admit, too. So I'm okay. It just didn't dawn on me that they weren't putting out the peanut butter because of the recall. Seriously, people, I'm not usually that slow.
I also tried some veggie sushi today. It tasted like fish. It was tolerable, though. I liked the rice that was in it. The seaweed paper stuff on the outside just wasn't that good. I should've put some kind of soy sauce on it or something. 
I did other productive things today, I swear. I didn't just paint people and eat. I swear. 
I translated some of the Aeneid for class, and I also translated some Catullus (sight reading, just so you know :) ) for fun. 
I really should do some stuff for my classes tomorrow. I didn't have anything for my seminar class, and I didn't have anything for Chemistry. I GET TO RIDE TOMORROW. I'm excited. Sorry. Not. Did I have something due for CompSci? Not sure. I'll go check. 
I want oatmeal. Or some Gatorade. Maybe both.

No comments: