Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Back

I haven't written in this blog for ages. I guess my life has basically been all about the barn and horses over break, which is why my other blog has been getting all the attention. 
I have to go back to school on Sunday, but I have a few more days to enjoy at home. 
I got my car all serviced and schtuff, so I can drive it again. The inspection sticker ran out and it needed its 60k checkup. Overall, everything was fine with it. I hope I have my Protege for a very, very long time; if you know anything about my past history with cars, you understand that it'd be a miracle. 
I've been doing some dream analysis lately, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I've been keeping a sort of dream journal since this time last year, so I've got a notebook full of my subconscious shenanigans. I still plan on writing down all of my dreams, but I've been trying to analyze a few of the more interesting dreams and answer a few questions about the content of my dreams. I think I'd enjoy keeping a third blog about my adventures in dreamland, but I'm not so sure. (You can tell I enjoy writing, right?) I already slack off when it comes to writing in the two blogs that I already keep, even though I don't think anyone else reads them or cares that I don't post something on a regular basis. It just bothers me when I don't write regularly. 
Also, some of my dreams are awkward--not really for me, but perhaps for other people that they involve. Some of them are vulgar, disturbing, frightening, and everything you don't want your children to see or hear. A lot of them won't make sense to other people, just because I can't begin to describe what I can remember perfectly in my head. 
A lot of them are really funny, though, and I think they provide a valuable insight for anyone looking for an honest peek into my mind. If nothing else, they're entertaining and worth reviewing for the sake of a writing idea or two. The analysis is something I like to play with. I'm not entirely sure I believe that each and every dream can be interpreted as something meaningful, but I still enjoy playing around.
Who knows? Maybe if I can think up a witty title for a new blog, I'll do it. 
It's 1:07 AM. Why am I still awake--as in, wide awake, listening to music, and typing clear sentences?
That reminds me of an experiment I tried the other day. I stayed up really late until I was tired. Then, I went to bed--with a pen in one hand and a notebook lying in the bed. I forced myself to write until I fell asleep or could not hold the pen. In the morning, I had several pages of messy, interesting, funny scribbles--including my plans to "write" my horse bareback the next day. I actually started to substitute similar-sounding words in place of correct words, such as "write" for "ride." I'm amazingly uninhibited just before I pass out...
G'night :)

No comments: