Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Frustrated and amused...mostly amused.

So, I did my little graffiti stencil last night. I was so proud of myself. I was going to take a picture of the better one today. I walked to breakfast, and I was so excited to see my work in the daylight...
The construction guys had JUST taken down the panel that my stencil was painted on. I mean, seriously. They could've waited five minutes for me to at least snap a picture! I was so frustrated, but then I just threw my head back and laughed. No one got to see it, but at least I got to do it. I did manage to run down to the panel that they hadn't taken down yet and take a crappy camera phone picture of the crappy stencil. 
Now I have to figure out what to do with a can of green spray paint, a mischievous mind, and way too much time on my hands. Perhaps I'll take up chalking the sidewalks. I could draw pretty stuff on campus walk and any concrete I can get my hands on. Meh. That's kind of unoriginal, and it doesn't help the fact that I have a can of spray paint and nothing to do with it. When's the next major building renovation? 
(Illegal graffiti is not my thing.)
Life is short, but some art doesn't stick around very long either. 
In other news, I had my first Latin class of the semester today. And that was it. I'm not sure if I like having just one class TH or not. I got a whole lot of free time for relaxing, going out for breakfast, and studying, but...eh, it was okay. I'm sure I'll find plenty of ways to entertain myself throughout the semester.

No comments: