Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blaaaahhhhh.

There were snow flurries outside today while we were driving to the barn. It was so cool. And super cold, too. 
Latin made me really happy again today. I don't know why I'm always so happy in that class. I think my destiny is to become a Latin teacher, no matter how much I balk at it and try to inch my way into computer science. I really don't even care for the history and mythology part. I'm all about the grammar. I could study Latin grammar forever and ever and ever and never get tired of it, not even once. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but hopefully you know what I mean. I could read and translate all the time and not get too sick of it. 
In fact, I only translated one chapter of "De Bello Gallico" for today, and class went by really quickly. I remember how quickly I translated Chapter 16 when I realized that we were almost done with Chapter 15 and still had a good 45 minutes left of class. Most of the class was scrambling to translate 16 just like I was, and Professor Houghtalin noticed. She stopped torturing us and lectured on Caesar instead. 
See, professors do have hearts. 
I really should do that more often. I did it at an amazing speed, and I did it fairly accurately. Hm. Something to think about. 
Why do translations that I prepare the night before suck, when translations that I prepare during the reading are really good--and done ten times faster?
As I've always said, I work well under pressure. 
Mrs. Weddle would NOT be happy if I told her just how many perfect-score papers I wrote for her the morning that they were due :D 
My hip is a lot better than it was. It still hurts a whole lot, but I'm not screaming out in pain and I can walk fairly normally. I also rode and jumped today, which was great. 
I think I close my eyes over every jump. I have no idea why, but it's funny. 
I have Chemistry, House, and GALL tonight, hooray. 
I'm also supposed to go to a floor meeting with the RA, but I'm just going to meet with her later on to talk to her. 
I wish I had something good to eat around here. 
I have cereal and oatmeal, but I have to save them for breakfast. I have ginger snaps, but I don't need any more of them. I have two oranges, but it's too cold for oranges. I could make some pasta or some soup, but I don't feel like getting up. I also have to save the soup for Thursday after Chemistry, when I walk across campus at 10PM, freeze half to death, and go back to my room hungry and tired. Especially hungry. 
Oh. I got a doctor's appointment for next week. My sister has one too, with the same guy, on the same day. She has to see him for her broken ankle, and I have to see him because I'm a gimp. He's an orthopedic doctor. He'll probably send me to the physical therapist again, or he'll send me to a chiropractor, or he'll prescribe some awesome painkillers, or he'll tell me it's all in my head. 
We'll just have to wait and see.
This coldness is probably not helping my joints.

No comments: