Saturday, November 29, 2008

I butcher tofurkeys without remorse. NOM NOM NOM.

Yeah, so Thanksgiving was good. I had Tofurky for the first time in my life. Normally I baste some tofu and eat that, but I got lucky and had something new. It was amazing--even better than I remember real turkey.
We also went shopping on Black Friday. My sister and I roamed the stores aimlessly, taking video for a new Tisk Leonard episode. We got some great material, and I hope we can get a new one up soon :) Elizabeth wasn't there, though, and it was the first episode where we had video instead of just audio. I also rode on my sister's cart because she had trouble steering it and I found it easier to drive when I was precariously balanced on the arm and trying not to knock things off the shelves or draw the attention of store officials.
Did you hear about the greeter at Wal-Mart who got trampled? That makes me sick. I simply cannot understand how human beings could do something like that, how they could just walk on by without helping the man. 
I don't remember much of last night. I was still under heavy influence of prescription painkillers, sitting in my chair and listening to REM's "The Great Beyond." I remember going out somewhere between pushing an elephant up a flight of stairs and bending my flatware and regaining consciousness shortly after I realized that Michael Stipe was no longer singing. It was really nice, the music and relaxation and quiet. 
The painkillers. That reminds me.
I did go to my appointment on Wednesday. The doctor was a little wacky and he made me laugh. He also made me very upset, but he was only speaking the truth. He said I'll probably have some nasty degenerative disk problems when I'm older. I knew that, but it still made me sad. He also was joking around with me, obviously unaware of just how much medical knowledge I have :) He asked me if I'd ever had an MRI, which I hadn't. Then, he said something about an MRI requiring really painful sublingual injections. I had no idea what he was talking about, but then I realized he was being silly. Just because I've never had one doesn't mean I don't know what they are... He made me laugh a whole lot, and he was very quick about the whole ordeal. It was nice that I was able to get the MRI that day; my mom and I have connections, so I got slipped in when a patient was having a break between his MRIs. 
I also fell asleep during the procedure. I was comfortable, I was tired, I was just lying there. Why not? Waking up during the MRI was a little weird, though. 

No comments: